Tuesday, November 6, 2012

苏打绿 Soda Green

On 19th October, I went for Soda Green's concert at the Max Pavilion. It was a really great experience. Honestly, I never expected myself to have so much fun.



The whole concert lasted a whooping 3 and a half hours, filled with laughter, sadness, and occasional silences. 青峰, the lead singer of the band, was amazing at singing, hitting all the high notes without any difficulty, and showing no signs of fatigue along the way. I can't exactly remember the sequence of songs, but these are the few songs that left the impression on me:

喜欢寂寞: Well firstly the song itself is nice. Secondly, everyone around me could sing it by hard and it was heartwarming :).

当我们一起走过: It basically means "Walk Together", which is the whole theme of their new album and the concert. Walk Together, no matter what the circumstances, no matter what we're feeling.
有多少苦痛有你和我一起度過,一起承受
有多少快乐有你和我一起享受,一起感动


有时候: 青峰 wrote this song for his dad. It's about innocence in Youth and reminiscence of his childhood. It's when something happens that you realise your mistakes. I miss my childhood. I miss those family moments.
我要爬上你的肩膀,我要眺望你的远窗

你被写在我的歌里: It's that typical sweet duet that just makes you smile when you hear it, no matter how down you are. It's funny how 青峰 bullied Jia Kai by making him sing the high-pitched ending haha ^^.

My favourite part was when he was singing out the song requests. For some apparent reason he "hates" the song 小宇宙 and refused to sing it, stating he has a list of songs he dislikes to sing and that came first haha. He ended up singing the lalala part of it and said "小宇宙还满好唱的". He also made countless jokes that made me laugh so hard. I haven't enjoyed myself like that for a long time.

There was also a part where he made it a point to walk through each aisle. I got to see him up close and it was just cool. It's an enjoyable experience I'll never forget :).

No comments:

Post a Comment