Sunday, July 29, 2012

London Olympics

I must say the Olympics is really cool. It's a time where everyone gets patriotic and passionately support their own nation in the various sporting events. It's a time where athletes all round the world compete with the very best.

Most of them are the very best, anyway. I was looking at the profiles of the team Singapore athletes, and two people caught my eye. One was Helena Wong, Female 53kg, Weightlifter, and Lim Heem Wei, Artistic Gymnast. I really couldn't understand why Singapore sent a weightlifter. Okay fine weightlifting might not require that many years to perfect (There's not much of a routine to it), and all you need is a strong body. This athlete has only been training for 2 years, somehow made it to the Olympics, and her performance was expected. I really hope the gymnast does well though. She trained for 15 years and after many injuries, finally made it to the Olympics.

After injuring myself a few times during Wushu, I've been made to stop my broadsword weapon. It just shows how less perseverance and concentration I have (wow). I hate training for something for a year and then starting things all over again. After holding onto some champion's spear, I feel a bit more motivated, and it's that funny energy.

I really messed up my wushu competition this year. I kept looking back and thinking, that was the worse routine I ever did.

I don't think I even make sense now. I should stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment