Saturday, January 19, 2013

Giving Thanks for What Always Has Been There

I guess it's the tendency of people to take for granted things that's always been there. It becomes common until a point where you assume it'll be there the whole time.

When asked for an event I was grateful for in class, some of them laughed when I said it was getting my first calculator. I don't blame them, it sounded stupid to me too. The calculator is one of many things we take for granted in life. In a math exam, you'll use it to do arithmetic calculations. It saves us a lot of hassle from doing the actual calculations ourselves.

I've always been a careless and "blur" person. A few of my more notable arithmetic failures are "3+3=9" and "16-8=12". It takes awhile for my brain to detect the error in it. Without a calculator, I can't even imagine how many mistakes I'll make in that.

Pardon this weird and disorganised post. My brain's pretty drained from a long week.

In any case my main point is that, we take simple things in life for granted, and we only realise its importance when its gone. Like losing a teddy bear while walking on a long and winding road,  you'll only realise the pain of losing things that have been there for you the whole time, there and then. 

And the answer is not as simple as walking back to retrieve it. 

Once it's gone, it's gone.

You can't turn back the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment